Refrigerants keep refrigeration systems running smoothly. This substance transforms from liquid to gas to transfer heat within the refrigeration system to provide the cooling effect. There are many different types of refrigerants that both have pros and cons in working systems.
Let’s explore what these are and why they can be both good and bad depending on the system you’re using.
Basics of Hydrocarbons
- R290 Propane
- R600a Isobutane
- R1270 Propylene
Pros and Cons of Hydrocarbons
Hydrocarbons are a natural type of refrigerant that are non-toxic and the most cost effective when comparing them to other refrigerants like R21, R40, and R630 to name a few.
- Less environmental impact
- Cost effective
- Lower energy consumption
Although hydrocarbons do have many positive qualities, due to the reduced form of carbon in hydrocarbons, they are highly combustible which can make leaks quite dangerous.
- Leaks are dangerous
Thermocraft and Hydrocarbons
Leveraging the latest commercial refrigeration condensing unit technology and the ideal combination of refrigerant, horsepower, and temperature. Thermocraft provides highly efficient, easy-to-install commercial refrigeration condensing units for all applications.
Thermocraft Condensing Units:
- Thermologic is a water-cooled refrigeration condensing unit with a unique, small-footprint design that delivers distinct benefits compared to more traditional air-cooled systems. Uses: R448A/R404A
- EH Series condensing units are eco-friendly with high efficiency, they represent the result of craft’s strong commitment to innovation and development of solutions with reduced environmental impact. Uses: R290
Smart Force (SF) Series:
- Smart Force is a range of durable and compact units, with components and construction that ensure extended lifetime and reliability. Uses: R448A/R449A, R513A, R290
SFL (Low Profile):
- Smart Force Low Profile (SFL) condensing units are highly efficient, quiet, compact and reliable. Sweat connections and electrical screw terminals makes installation fast and easy. Uses: R448A/R449A
Explore more: https://icraft.us/thermocraft-products/